We’re hosting a Code Club community training evening to allow anyone who is thinking of becoming a Code Club volunteer an opportunity to find out more about Code Club and get an insight into what to expect and how to get involved. Linda Broughton is the Code Club Regional Coordinator and will be running the session and doing all the talking. The straight fact is that Leeds doesn’t have a Code Club running in every school and it should have. The only way that can happen is with more industry volunteers.
Code Club is a nationwide network of after-school coding clubs for children. All the clubs are led by volunteers and this training is designed to give volunteers all the information they need before they start running a Code Club.
The training will cover:
- What is Code Club?
- Volunteering with Code Club
- Working effectively with schools
- An introduction to Scratch & the Code Club projects
Who is the training for?
- Anyone who is considering running a Code Club and would like some more information before they sign up
- Anyone who has signed up as a volunteer but has not yet started running a Code Club
Volunteering for Code Club will be the best thing you do this year. Guaranteed.